Divest the Wall, Divest Elbit Event – May 7, 2021
April 27, 2021
Join us in the first installation of the DIVEST BORDER PANEL SERIES as indigenous peoples and allies discuss the impacts of Integrated Fixed Towers (IFTs) and their impact on Indigenous peoples rights in the United States and globally.
The Zoom event will take place on Friday, May 7. You can register here:
Research by O’odham VOICE Against the Wall
Hosted by the Indigenous Peoples Rights Committee: https://nlginternational.org/indigenous-peoples-rights/ and the NLG International Committee
Support from Water Protector Legal Collective, https://waterprotectorlegal.org/
and the Indigenous Peoples Human Rights Defenders and Corporate Accountability Program
- Michelle Cook (Dineh) Founder, Divest Invest Protect; Director, Indigenous Peoples Human Rights Defenders and Corporate Accountability Program https://www.divestinvestprotect.com
- Ophelia Rivas (Tohono O’odham) is founder of O’odham VOICE Against the WALL and has spent her life speaking out against the U.S. Border Patrol and militarization of O’odham lands. https://www.oodhamrights.org/
- Will Parrish is an investigative journalist based in Northern California. His web site is https://www.willparrishreports.com
- Dov Baum, Ph.D., is the director of Economic Activism for the AFSC – the American Friends Service Committee. These days, they lead the Investigate project mapping companies complicit in mass incarceration and immigrant detention, border security and mass surveillance industries, Israeli apartheid and occupation industries.
- Hosted by Natali Segovia, National Lawyers Guild (NLG) Indigenous Peoples Rights Committee, The Indigenous Peoples Rights Committee is organized to take up the struggles of indigenous peoples in the US and throughout the world.
Please join us Friday, May 7 @ 4pm Pacific / 7pm Eastern for a Zoom panel conversation.